Do you have the feeling dance could take you beyond the borders of your own country?
Do you feel your own dance life could be more fulfilling?
Do you feel the urge to take your dance practice to another level?
If you say YES to at least one of the above read on!
1 Opportunities to Participate
daCi is an international organization for anyone interested or involved in the growth and development of dance for children and young people; such as dance teachers, dance artists, dance groups, dance educators, researchers, dancers, choreographers, or philanthropists.
Every three years an international conference is held in a different part of the world. Conferences provide a rich program for children and young people, including creative and cultural dance, youth forums, and performances. Adult participants can attend Keynote sessions, paper presentations, and a variety of dance workshops.
Some of our members started with us when they were children and came to a daCi conference with their dance group. Now they are dance teachers themselves and bring their own students to daCi conferences
2 Opportunities to Network
In the interim years, daCi members continue to create, develop, educate, and research in their own communities and with the international community through the connections facilitated by daCi. This includes opportunities to network with other individuals and international arts organizations interested in the development of dance for children and young people.
daCi brings together dance educators who activate and advocate for dance in their local and national communities, providing opportunities for shared dance activities, research and study, friendship and open artistic exchange. This affirms the 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child, which recognizes the right of young people to participate freely in play, cultural life and the arts.
3 Opportunities to Contribute
Ways that you can be involved in contributing to the future of dance for children and young people include:
- joining up with daCi and becoming an active, contributing member in your local community;
- inviting others to join the daCi community through e-mail or social media;
- attending daCi conferences;
- making a donation to daCi towards our aim of creating more opportunities for children and young people to dance.
4 Opportunities to Connect
Currently we have 18 member countries from around the world: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Jamaica, Japan, New Zealand, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States of America. If your country is not on this list we invite you to connect with us for information on how to get started with daCi.
5 Opportunities to Benefit
As a member of daCi you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced fees for daCi International conferences
- Subscription to daCi in Print, an electronic newsletter published twice a year
- Online access to the journal Dance Education in Practice
- Exclusive access to academic papers from previous daCi conferences via the daCi Reader (in progress)
- Eligibility to apply for daCi-sponsored grants and scholarships
We hope to meet you in a conference soon!