Yes! I want to donate
Every child has the right to dance.
We believe that all children and young people should be able to express themselves through dance. Our aim is to create possibilities for children and young people around the world to experience dance as creators, performers and spectators. Through dance they can be physically engaged in the world and connect with others across boundaries of culture, language, age, or socio-economic status.
Mission: To promote the growth and development of dance for children and young people internationally, with respect for the ethnic, gender, physical, and cultural identities and all abilities of each young person within a spirit of international understanding.
As volunteers, we work on our mission daily, by engaging people who are interested in dance for children and young people, so we are able to develop our non profit activities and projects:
- Create a worldwide network for dance education and research
- Provide a newsletter; 'daCi in Print', in May and November of each year.
- Organize a conference every three years. The 2018 conference will take place in Adelaide, Australia.
- Organize events supporting the 'One Billion Rising' movement annually in February
- Offer funding to our members for projects that relate to the aims of the association, to new countries who wish to create a daCi Chapter, and support for collaborative research initiatives.
- Offer access to all Conference keynote presentations and papers published in Conference Proceedings. Members may search by titles, theme, author, or year.
We are thankful for the financial support businesses, dance schools and people are making. Some people collect money through a charity event, performances or a fancy fair. Businesses are able to make a single donation or donate an annual amount of money to support our education projects or research projects.